Liberal Christians Band Together to Aid Health Reform
Stay up to date with the latest headlines via email.
Taking their cue directly from Jesus, conservative Christian media stars have been at the forefront of efforts to thwart health reform. Today, progressive religious leaders launched a campaign to help counter the religious right-wing’s crusade to deprive Americans of quality heath care.
The campaign, called "40 Days for Health Reform" kicks off with a nationally aired ad featuring religious leaders advocating for reform.
According to Faith in Public Life, one of the groups involved in the campaign, the ad will be followed by:
• Monday, August 10: New National TV Ad Released Featuring Local Evangelical, Catholic & Mainline Pastors and People of Faith
• Tuesday, August 11: In-District Prayer Events Nationwide Reaching 100+ Members of Congress
• Wednesday, August 19: **Major National Event to Be Announced on the Call**
• Friday through Sunday, August 28-30: Nationwide Health Care Sermon Weekend
• September 1-18: Large-Scale Meetings in Key States with Members of Congress, A Major Event with Local Leaders in DC the Week of September 14, Plus Prayer Rallies, Call-in to Congress Days & Online Campaigns
Video after the jump: