Thanks for the Details
Stay up to date with the latest headlines via email.
Finding time to give thanks this year is going to be a heck of a lot easier than in recent years. Way too easy as a matter of fact. I don't know about you, but it's been awhile since I've been properly thankful for air, water and Afghani music. Of course it's a dead solid cinch most folks are going to foolishly drain their well of thanks by sprinkling it on the traditional Norman Rockwell trappings, while I am convinced it's the eensie teensie tiny insignificant items that fill life's cracks with cake. And so, let me take this time to list a few of the many microscopic details that make ordinary day to day living worth it all for me.
* Suburban strip mall boutique coffee shops with drive through windows who fill one quart thermoses with dark roast half caf for a buck fifty.
* Turner Classic Movies Veronica Lake marathons.
* Anchor Steam Christmas Ale.
* A four star general named Stufflebeem.
* President Bush's vow to eradicate world wide tourism as we know it.
* Not dressing our women as giant shuttlecocks.
* Co-workers conditioned to schedule staff meetings only after third cups of coffee have been quaffed.