Iraqi Parliament Approves Status of Forces Agreement
Continued from previous page
- Sept 16: U.S. General Raymond Odierno takes command of U.S.-led forces in Iraq from David Petraeus.
- Sept 17: Maliki warns that the security pact with the United States is facing "serious and dangerous obstacles."
- Sept 24: U.S. officials negotiating return to Baghdad to resume discussions on the security pact which have been deadlocked since early September.
- Nov 14: The White House endorses the text of the U.S.-Iraq military pact.
- Nov 16: The Baghdad government endorses the pact and sends it to parliament for its approval.
- Nov 27: Parliament approves the deal by a large majority.