John Cusack Tackles War Profiteers Today on Meet the Bloggers
October 10, 2008
Celebrated Actor and filmmaker John Cusack will be our special guest this Friday to discuss an issue neither presidential candidate is talking about: war profiteering. War, Inc., Cusack's latest film which he starred in and co-wrote with Jeremy Pikser and Mark Leyner, satirized the outsourcing of military operations in Iraq and Afghanistan. Cusack will discuss his thoughts on the war and his influences for the film, including the works of Naomi Klein and Jeremy Scahill.
Joining Cusack will be bloggers Marcy Wheeler (Empty Wheel) and Liliana Segura (AlterNet), and this week, we have a special announcement. Since Meet the Bloggers has been pre-recorded, these bloggers will take part in the live blog discussion.
So check out some of the material below, and join us for a live conversation with bloggers Wheeler and Segura today at 1pm ET/10 am PT on Meet the Bloggers.
- Why We Write - Jeremy Pikser, Mark Leyner & John Cusack, Brave New Films
- John Cusack: Outsourced Warfare Represents a "Radical, Dangerous, Disgusting Ideology" - Joshua Holland, AlterNet
- John Cusack's $3 Trillion Shopping Spree - John Cusack, Brave New Films
- The War in Iraq Is Pure Murder - Chris Hedges, Tomdispatch.com
- Blackwater's Not Going Anywhere - Jeremy Scahill, The Nation
- John Cusack Interviews Naomi Klein - Huffington Post
- Afghanistan: Iraq All Over Again - Liliana Segura, AlterNet
- Iraq for Sale: The War Profiteers
ZP Heller is the editorial director of Brave New Films. He has written for The American Prospect, AlterNet, The Philadelphia Inquirer, and The Huffington Post, covering everything from politics to pop culture.