DURST: The Florida ReCount Edition
Stay up to date with the latest headlines via email.
* Now it's assumed that some people punched out more than one holes because they were confused and thought they were playing Bingo.
* Oh my God, don't tell me they were confused. In Florida? How is that possible? Anybody's who's ever driven on a Florida Interstate behind 3,000 Chryslers doing 30 in the fast lane with their left blinkers on knows that's their natural state.
* From the Windy City, local raconteur, Terry Sullivan, says at least in Chicago, when voting twice, they're smart enough to use two different ballots.
* Hey Al, does the term "no legal controlling authority" have any meaning here?
* What I don't get is why the vote counting deadlines always have to happen at five pm? Isn't there anybody in the state able to authorize overtime?
* Loved the Cuban election officials who offered to fly over at their own expense to oversee the recount. Who says Fidel doesn't have a sense of humor?
* Does it bother anybody else that George W Bush's dad used to run the CIA? People, rigging elections is what he did. That was his job. Its on his resume. Of course, the Dems got Richard Daley's kid on their side, so it's probably a wash.
* This is true. In New Mexico, all election ties are broken by flipping a coin. And the vote margin there right now is 4. You think Bush would fall for "heads I win, tails you lose?" Will Durst would give it a shot.