Nancy Pelosi Breaks Down Bush's Shock and Awe Bailout Plan
Stay up to date with the latest headlines via email.
Join us live at 2:30 pm ET/11:30am PT today, when we bring you a special episode of Meet the Bloggers featuring House Speaker Nancy Pelosi. The economic meltdown will be the topic of today's show, and Speaker Pelosi will discuss the $700 billion Bush-Paulson bailout plan.
Speaker Pelosi will be joined by bloggers Roberto Lovato ( Of America) and Matthew Yglesias ( Think Progress). Both have written extensively about the bailout, and they will talk about the dire need to amend Paulson's plan to benefit taxpayers and victims of the financial crisis, as well as calls for strong regulation and public oversight to prevent another crisis like this from recurring.
The economic meltdown and Bush's shock and awe bailout plan are happening so quickly this show simply could not wait until Friday. Check out some of the articles below to get informed about how the proposed bailout will affect Wall Street and Main Street. Then, join us for the discussion live today at 2:30 pm ET/11:30am PT.
- Cash for Trash - Paul Krugman, The NY Times
- Paulson's Folly - Robert Kuttner, American Prospect
- Goldman Sachs Socialism - William Greider, The Nation
- The $700 Billion Questions -David Sirota, In These Times
- The Bailout Plain: Welcome to Economic Shock and Awe - Arianna Huffington, Huffington Post
- Now is the Time to Resist Wall Street's Shock Doctrine - Naomi Klein, Huffington Post
- Five Dangerous, Disastrous Things About the Proposed Bailout and What You Can Do to Help Stop It - AlterNet
Robert Greenwald is the director/producer of "Wal-Mart: The High Cost of Low Price" and "Outfoxed: Rupert Murdoch's War on Journalism."