Organized Wealth is Out to Screw US
• Cut taxes, especially for the wealthy, to "starve" federal, state, and local governments until their ability to serve our needs is wrecked.
• Attack labor unions and minimum wage laws to lower labor costs.
• Push deregulation to remove laws that protect the environment and public safety.
• Privatize, privatize, privatize.
• When society starts to fall apart, blame liberals, immigrants, Muslims, women, gay people, progressive organizers, and other handy scapegoats vilified on Fox News and other right-wing media.Let's use labor unions as an example. Over the past 30 years, right-wing corporate conservatives and economic libertarians have spent more than $170 million just trying to convince us that labor unions are bad for America, and that government laws and regulations should not protect a worker's right to organize a union without harassment or termination. The coalition of foundations that fund conservative and right-wing think tanks and other institutions that attack organized labor give money to an array of allied and interconnected think tanks that numerous reports and issue an endless stream of press releases. This creates the impression that there is a groundswell of support for reigning in labor unions and government "interference" in corporate affairs. These foundations often give long-term grants that provide stability and ensure the survival of conservative and right-wing think tanks. They support both a Social Movement Infrastructure and a Political Movement Infrastructure. Until a similar progressive social movement infrastructure is created and sustained, the Democratic Party will continue to move to the right; and the right-wing attacks on working people, a living wage, and handy scapegoats will increase. Militant social movement pull political parties toward their demands...it never works the other way around Fight Back!
For more information, visit the Organized Wealth website (Click on the exclamation point after you get the joke)