Primary Day Checklist: Poll Closings and the "Races to Watch"
This post originally appeared on Daily Kos.
The biggest primary day of the 2010 election cycle is now upon us, as polls are now open from coast to coast. A total of roughly a dozen states head to the ballot boxes today, and, as you have come to expect, the crew here at Daily Kos will be all over it this afternoon and evening.
What follows is a short clip-and-save guide of what to expect, and when to expect it, later today. If you want the unabridged version, you can check out exhaustive previews of the night's festivities from both The Swing State Project and Sunday Kos.
7:00 PM ET/4:00 PM PT--Georgia, South Carolina and Virginia
- Does Nikki Haley hold on despite scandal in SC-Gov?
- Is GOP incumbent Bob Inglis (SC-04) the next to get teabagged?
- Who wins the competitive heads-up contest in VA-11?
- Do the NRCC "establishment" picks hang on in VA-02 and VA-05?
- Does anyone care which Republican wins the seat in GA-09?
8:00 PM ET/5:00 PM PT--Maine, New Jersey
- Who will win arguably the biggest tossups of the night--ME-Gov?
- How does GOP "rising star" Jon Runyan do in NJ-03?
- Is GOP freshman Leonard Lance (NJ-07) in any danger of getting teabagged?
8:30 PM ET/5:30 PM PT--Arkansas
- Does Bill Halter finish off Blanche Lincoln in the AR-Sen runoff?
- Who emerges from the pack in the three House runoffs in the Natural State?
- Is a Palin endorsement still voter repellent (watch Cecile Bledsoe in AR-03)?
9:00 PM ET/6:00 PM PT--North Dakota, South Dakota
- Does NRCC pick Rick Berg cruise to victory in ND-AL?
- Who does Scott Heidepriem draw as a GOP opponent in SD-Gov?
- Who emerges from the field to take on Stephanie Herseth-Sandlin (SD-AL)?
10:00 PM ET/7:00 PM PT--Iowa, Montana, Nevada
- How close is the GOP primary to take on IA-Gov Chet Culver?
- Are conventions necessary to find a GOP nominee in IA-02 and IA-03
- Does Denny Rehberg risk an underwhelming performance in MT-AL, and what Democrat emerges to be his November opponent?
- What kind of vote tally does Harry Reid get in NV-Sen?
- Who will be Reid's opponent? Does the Chicken Lady still have some pluck (oooh...apologies for that one)? Or will Sharron Angle finish the job? Can Danny Tarkanian come from behind?
- Is the career of NV-Gov Jim Gibbons over?
11:00 PM ET/8:00 PM PT--California
- Do late polls confirm Meg Whitman's GOP landslide (CA-Gov)?
- Likewise, does Carly Fiorina have the GOP CA-Sen nod locked down?
- How close can Winograd come to Harman (CA-36)?
- Is Gary Miller in any danger of a teabagging (CA-42)?
- Is this is the end of the line for Richard Pombo (CA-19)?
- What other primaries emerge as stories (just a handful to watch: CA-08, CA-11, CA-33, CA-47, CA-50)?
Check with us later this afternoon, and we will have many of these answers by the close of the night.