A Baker's Dozen of AlterNet's Most Popular Articles of 2012
As I announced a week ago, AlterNet is doing something different for our Fall fundraising campaign. Instead of barraging you with many e-mails pleading for support and giving dire predictions for the future (they may come true, but hopefully not), we are simply going to tell you some stories -- about interesting things, our work, quirky items you might not know -- all in lists to celebrate one of the most effective ways of communicating information (but far from the only one).
So here is list #1: a baker's dozen of stories that were most popular on AterNet so far this year.
1. Five Scientific Conclusions About Cannabis That The Mainstream Media Doesn’t Want You To Know
Paul Armentano, AlterNet | Jul 27, 2012
2. Why We Have to Go Back to a 40-Hour Work Week to Keep Our Sanity
3. I Was a Good Mormon Wife ... Until My Husband Stopped Believing in God
4. 5 Food Companies Run by Radical Right-Wingers
Lauren Kelley, AlterNet | Jul 22, 2012
5. Matt Taibbi Reveals How Romney Made His Fortune -- It Ain't Pretty, and He Shouldn't Be Proud of It
Amy Goodman and Matt Taibbi, Democracy Now | Aug 31, 2012
6. Founding Fathers Whose Skepticism About Christianity Would Make Them Unelectable Today
7. The 5 Most Awful Atheists
8. GOP Insider: How Religion Destroyed My Party
9. My 14 Year Old Son Has Brain Cancer -- Without Obamacare, We May Have Been Dropped By Our Insurance Company
10. If Alcohol Were Discovered Today, Would it be Legal?
11. 6 Brands Playing Footsie with Conservatives and Paying the Price
13. The 11 Dumbest Things Conservatives Have Said About Women
So that's it. Pretty interesting, don't you think? It's a diverse list of stories including pot, religion, renegade Republicans, work sanity, consumer awareness, the evil method of Romney's fortune and much more.
I hope you enjoyed the list. Should you be interested in supporting AlterNet's ongoing work, we would greatly appreciate it.